- 1 Things To Consider – Best Kayak Carts
- 2 Malone Clipper Deluxe Universal Kayak Cart
- 3 TMS 2 X Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
- 4 Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
- 5 Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart For Sit-On-Top Kayaks
- 6 Malone Nomad Standard Universal Kayak Cart
- 7 Seattle Sports Scupper Swift Sit On Top Kayak Cart
- 8 Carlisle Canoe and Kayak Portage Cart
- 9 Paddleboy Original Large Boat Cart
- 10 Final Verdict
Who doesn’t love to go kayaking after a hectic week? Going out of town only for kayaking is one of the simple things that make me happy. You will feel the same too once you read this article completely.
Though kayaks are heavy and bulky, transporting them isn’t easy but here is where the Kayak Carts come. You can take your kayak on a cart along with all the other personal belongings too. Kayak carts are necessary for paddlers, and I have shortlisted the best kayak carts to make it easier for you. Pick a Kayak cart which suits your needs.
Things To Consider – Best Kayak Carts
Some of the kayaks are tough for transporting because they are heavy and can’t be portable easily. When you have the best kayak cart, you will be able to transport the kayak safely and securely from a place to another without any difficulties. What factors influence the kayak cart? Well, there are several factors, and you should consider few things before you purchase a kayak cart.
There are three types of Kayak carts available in the market, and you should choose one type which is convenient for you.
- Plug-in Cart: – This type of cart comes with wheels. Light in weight and is convenient because of the excellent stability.
- Folding Cart: – You can this type of kayak cart easily and take it anywhere. It is friendly and compact. Also, it is the most popular choice for kayakers.
- Strap Cart: – This cart comes with a strap for protecting the vessels during transportation from one location to another.
The main aim of any cart is to help to transport the kayak easily to different places without any difficulty. However, if you purchase a kayak cart with wrong wheels, you will face difficulties transporting the kayak.
Widths of kayaks vary depending on the companies. Depending on the width of your kayak, you have to select a kayak cart which has same or more width. However, if you want to use it for transportation of different kayaks, you will have to choose a kayak cart which has sufficient width.
For example, Malone Kayak Cart’s adjustable width ranges from 6-16 inches, and you can fit in any of your kayaks quickly and transport it anywhere.
If you want to take your cart onto the saltwater for fishing, you will need to buy a cart which is resistant to corrosion. You should purchase a cart made with corrosion-resistant materials. The frame of the cart should be robust and durable. Carts made of stainless steel and aluminum to support heavy loads.
You might not favor keeping the excess money for purchasing kayak carts. However, it isn’t a wise choice to compromise on the quality of carts for the sake of money. When you check on e-commerce sites like Amazon, you get the kayak carts at affordable prices. You don’t have to compromise on the quality too. Amazon offers you budget-friendly kayak carts. You can get a quality kayak cart and go kayaking!
Ease Of Storage
Isn’t it great when you store your kayak cart to a side if it isn’t in use? Well, several kayak carts are easy for dissembling and storing in a car or the corner of your house. These type of kayak carts is convenient and safe too.
Size of Kayak Wheel
Kayak wheel size also plays a crucial role. When wheels are large, they work perfectly on the sand too. Also, when you have a cart with tall wheels, you can control the position of a kayak quickly.
Buy a Kayak cart depending on the needs, if you want to take it on saltwater, or if you need to store it. Check out the Best Kayak Carts:-
Malone Clipper Deluxe Universal Kayak Cart
Malone Clipper Deluxe is a Universal Kayak Cart. Many kayakers love this cart which makes it one of the most popular choices. This works for both kayaks and canoes, and its design supports both.
“Never go flat” tire feature of the kayaks allows us to use it on all kinds of surfaces and it lasts longer too. The extra padding on frame gives protection for the kayak/canoe. Once you load the kayak, locking kickstand makes the movements steady.
The design of the kayak cart allows you to fold and store conveniently and efficiently. Thereby, it won’t occupy more space too. Kayak cart comes with two 10-inch heavy airless tires, and we can also remove them for easy storage.
- 200 pounds loading capacity
- Durable design
- corrosion resistant material construction
- Universal usage features
- Space saving, ease of storage
- Extra padding provides protection for kayak on cart
- Steady movements with lock stand
- Strap holds the kayak in place
- ‘Never go flat’ tires for all surfaces
- Removable tires
TMS 2 X Jon Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
Also, the dolly cradles the kayak’s hull to provide protection and securely transports. Foam bumpers of 3.5 inches prevent the kayak’s damage in the entire process. Cradle design uses a 13-inch nylon strap for extra protection, and the transportation will be hassle free. You will never have to worry during rough transportation when you have this kayak cart.
A kayak cart is made of a metal frame and can withstand 150 lbs, and it has 9.5-inch tires which allow smooth movements even on uneven terrains or rough surfaces like sand and gravel.
- 150 pounds load capacity
- Long 12 Ft tie-down strap
- Easy for dissembling
- Works for both kayaks and canoe
- Made of Stainless steel and aluminum
- Lasts longer
- Sturdy frame
- Foam bumpers for protection of the canoe/kayak
- Large tires which perform well even on uneven terrains and rough surfaces
Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
- Maximum weight capacity of 125 lbs
- Airless 10” tires which work fine on uneven surfaces
- Tires doesn’t go flat
- Easy assemble
- Rubber pads protect the kayak
- Dual arm kickstand offers easy loading
- Convenient for storage
- Storage in mesh bag
Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart For Sit-On-Top Kayaks
Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart by Malone makes an excellent choice for ground transportation. These transport kayaks have to scupper holes. It has a variable width with a locking feature which makes it stand out from the rest of the kayak carts available in the market. The width of the kayak cart ranges from 6.5-16.5 inches; you can easily adjust it for accommodating different sizes of the kayak.
Malone Express Kayak Cart made of corrosion resistant materials like stainless steel and aluminum components. This kayak cart supports a maximum capacity of 200 lbs.
Kayak cart comes with a six by 4 inches removable and extra foam pad which protect the kayak from damage. Dissembling of the kayak cart is super easy, and we can do it in minutes and store it anywhere.
- Oversized foam protects the kayak
- Maximum weight capacity of 200 lbs
- Width locking adjustments
- Strong and reliable frame
- Universal fit with scupper holes
- Never go flat tires
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Strong aluminum frame
- Corrosion resistant material
- 10-inch heavy-duty airless tires
- Enhanced stability
- Strap prevents the kayak from slipping
- Maximum weight capacity of 150 pounds
- Works well even on rough most surface
- Adjustability of width
Seattle Sports Scupper Swift Sit On Top Kayak Cart is adjustable cart which accommodates all sit-on-top kayaks with scupper drain holes. The Scupper Swift cart adjusts for fitting in any sit-on-top kayak.The frame of the kayak cart made of anodized aluminum offers unique width adjustments. We can shorten or lengthen the axle for accommodating the different position of scuppers.
Scupper Swift features WaveChaser1 tires which eliminate low pressure and hassle of leakage. You can also disassemble the cart easily in seconds to store it conveniently. The adjustability features of the gauge axle make it a great choice for kayak cart. The sturdy frame supports maximum weight load capacity.
You can disassemble and store it conveniently in the car when you are not using it. Additionally, foam cushions of the Scupper Swift encompassing the hull of kayak make it secure for transportation. Also, the WaveChaser airless tires work fine for rough surfaces too.
Cart compromises of 8 by 2 inches non-removable wheels. A width of the cart is adjustable using snap buttons for 10-17 inches. It supports the maximum load capacity of 200 pounds and can be folded easily for compact storage.
- Gauge axle can be shortened or lengthened
- Anodized aluminum frame
- WaveChaser airless tires
- Foam cushions for protection of Kayak
- Sit-on-top Kayak Cart
- Supports heavy loads
- Foldable and easy for storage
- Maximum weight capacity of 176 lbs
- Easy for in-boat storage
- Mud-resistant Pneumatic tires
- Aluminum frame
- Resistant to corrosion
- Two tie-down straps for secure transport
Paddleboy Large Boat Cart by Paddleboy gives a secure transportation for the kayak. You can conveniently take your kayak from one place to anywhere now easily. This affordable cart comes with a width adjustment from 7.5-17 inches. 7.5 inches of the rubber tread hard wheels for maneuvering over rough surfaces and uneven terrains.
Peanut kayak cart has an oversize foam which enhances the protection of kayak. Also, the cart supports a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs. Also, the sturdy frame of the kayak cart can be folded easily for storage purposes. This compact cart is an excellent choice for transporting standard kayaks of medium size.
- Maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs
- Foldable for easier storage
- Adjustable width ranging from 7.5-17 inches
- 7.5 inches rubber tread hard wheels
- Suitable for standard kayaks
- Works fine on harsh terrains and rough surfaces
- Oversized foam ensures protection of kayak
If you do love kayaking and is a regular kayaker, you will know how important a kayak cart is. So, buying a Kayak cart would be helpful for you. You can go through the above list for finding the best kayak carts and can confidently do kayaking. You can quickly, conveniently and secure transport your kayaks. Kayak carts also come with features like great tires, foldable carts, adjustable widths, and many other functions.
A kayak cart is valuable because it gives you the ability to transport kayaks easily to different places without many efforts. You can also utilize it to taking the personal belongings like gear. What’s even better? You can fold it and keep it anywhere for convenient storage.
Pick a Kayak cart which suits all your requirements. Do not hesitate when it comes to cost, be ready to invest a bit of money if it can bring you quality. Nowadays, you get high-quality kayak carts at affordable prices. Check out on Amazon for the best deals and reasonable prices.