The 10 Best Fishing Kayaks Under 500 – (Recreational – Inflatable Models)
One of the best life experiences is Kayak fishing. And if you haven’t tried Kayak fishing yet then we would urge you to try it as fast as possible.
Kayak Fishing is one of those life experiences that add value to our life.
Suppose that you are feeling low and want to uplift your mood then this is probably the best activity that will help you to achieve that. But finding a good Kayak can be quite a hassle.
So if you don’t want to go through that then quickly have a look at the list of the best fishing kayak under 500 provided down below.
Top 4 Fishing Kayaks Comparison
Sun Dolphin Journey Sit-on-top Kayak
Sit on Top
Sun Dolphin Bali 13.5-Foot Tandem Kayak
AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak
Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 90 Kayak Package
Best Fishing Kayak Under 500 That You Can Buy
Here is the list of the best fishing kayaks under 500 that you can buy. The kayaks mentioned here have advantages and disadvantages and those have been mentioned accordingly.
The Sun Dolphin Journey is a lightweight fishing kayak that can be used for fishing on Lakes and Rivers. Due to being lightweight, it provides maximum stability which is quite important for fishing.
It is one of the best fishing kayaks that have been made up of High-Density Polyethylene. It has also been provided with comfy are for seating and also defensive thigh pads.
A Dry Storage compartment has also been provided and the PAC can be used as an extra storage. The length of this fishing kayak is feet and it comes in a drab green color which makes it all the more attractive and soothing for the eyes.
- The lightweight of this fishing kayak let you carry a lot of fishing gear that would certainly be quite helpful to you.
- Another huge benefit of this kayak is that it comes with fitted paddle holders on both sides which make quite easier to paddle.
- The provided footpegs provide you with the comfort you seek while fishing.
- One of the major drawbacks of this fishing kayak is that it tends to go backward after a couple of casts are being thrown from it.
- The length of this kayak is a bit less for river water fishing.
The BKC UH-TH181 fishing kayak is the best option for those who love adventure. Its length is 12 feet and this makes it a lot faster than the kayak that has been mentioned above. It doesn’t matter whether you are taking it through a lake, a bay or a river, this kayak can move through all sorts of water.
This kayak comes with two aluminium paddles and two luxurious seats which are available for free after being purchased.
One of the best things about this kayak is that it has a load capacity of 450 pounds and this enables you to carry more fishing gear.
- This fishing kayak comes with slots where you can easily mount the paddles and row effortlessly.
- It is quite stable in water and provides satisfactory kayak fishing.
- Two compartments are present which can hold a lot your nonwaterproof items. And to add to that these compartments are airtight.
- The cord that has been made for the front and back handless are made of bad quality products. There is a chance that they might break while paddling.
- The eyelets of seats are not that good and might just fall off due to gravity.
3. Ocean Kayak 12-Feet Malibu Sit-On-Top Kayak
Among all the fishing kayaks available, the Ocean Kayak is probably regarded as the best fishing kayak under 500. This kayak is so user-friendly that you can quite easily use it, let it be solo or tandem. It is about 12 Feet long and spacious.
The Ocean kayak is so spacious that you can easily fit two adults and a kid in that. It has a quite strong bow and carries handles and the patented overlapping foot wells are like an added bonus.
It weighs around 57lbs, so it can be said that it is quite easy to carry.
- Can be paddled quite smoothly in the rough water despite having two people on board it.
- The seats are very comfortable and it tracks quite well.
- The hatches allow access to some integral storage.
- The design of this kayak makes this more stable in handling the wind.
- No Dry Storage space available and this is a big headache for most users.
- The quality of the material is not that good when compared to the other kayaks mentioned above.
- The material with which the kayak is made is not of good quality. So there are huge chances of it getting cracked or scratched.
This double seated kayak comes at a very good price and is of very good quality. The kayak comes with standard double seat space, but if you want you can convert it into Single Deck, Double Deck conversion, and the standard double seat conversion.
Not only this kayak comes with three different customizations, but it is also made with very good material and is having a very good comfort for both people. Now, this kayak is made with three layers rubber so that the probability of getting puncture gets reduced. And the seating position of this kayak is made in such a way that you can easily do the solo paddling.
Coming to the comfort level of this kayak, it is having good comfort seats which will give you a very good back support while you are paddling. The best part is that the padded seats are adjustable which means, even if you are going for long paddling ride you will get a good comfort from the seat.
- Paddling seems to be very easy in this kayak
- This Kayak comes with an affordable price
- Perfect kayak for trekking within the budget, as it comes with the Aluminium body which makes it strong enough.
- Seating positions are very comfortable in this kayak, as they are also adjustable.
- There is very less chance to get a puncture, as it comes with three-layer rubber coating.
- Perfect in the rivers and lakes for trekking.
- This kayak is perfect for the dual seat.
- This kayak is very heavy as they have used lots of hard material in it.
- It is very hard to deflate and pack the kayak once you’re done with your trekking.
- The draining options are poor, so you can carry only limited water.
If you are getting picky in choosing the best kayak for you at the cheapest price. Then this kayak will be the best for you, as it is having very good quality with very cheap price rate.
With a minimum price tag, this kayak has got many things to offer like the adjustable back support of the seat, fishing rod holder and much more. The interesting part is that you are even getting a single bottle holder in front where you can keep your beer while fishing.
Also, it comes with ample foot space and thigh pads in the corner for better comfort and grip. In the top, you will also get a UV stabilized cover which will cover your leg from the UV rays.
Now the kaya is having plenty of space too in the back where you can store all your safeguards. Space comes with a bungee cord which will make sure that you don’t throw it anywhere while trekking. So this kaya is having many things to offer in their minimum price tag.
- Carry handle both in the front and rear of the kayak for easy transporting.
- The backrest of the seats are adjustable which means comfort in the long run.
- Plenty space like bottle holder, fishing rod holder, flush mount holder, extra storage and much more.
- It has also got UV protected cover on top of the leg storage to protect yours from UV rays.
- Extremely perfect for fishing and normal paddling
- You cannot go for extreme trekking, as the body of this kayak is not strong.
- You can only paddle in rivers and lakes and that too when there is low current.
- This kayak doesn’t come with a paddle.
6. Perception Kayak Conduit 13 XP Kayak
This kayak comes with only one color that is the Heyday. The special about this colour is that it looks like Olympic kayak when in the water.
This kayak is available in different sizes like the 11Xp, 13 XP and much more. The best part of this kayak is that the sitting position is very lower so fishing can be done very easily. Even if there is less storage space but it is really a great comfort to be in this while trekking.
Coming to the balancing of the kayak, it is that the primary balancing is weak as compared to the secondary balance. So you shall work hard while balancing yourself in the middle of the water. The interesting part is that you can easily throw this kayak inside your SUV car, as it is super light when it is out of the water. Also, you can carry enough amount of water, as there is a lot of space.
- Excellent seat and comfort even on trekking
- Strong enough to ride the kayak even on a high current.
- Good amount of leg space and water space too
- There are lots of thigh and knee pads for protection
- It is super light, so it is very easy when it comes to transportation.
- This is not for beginner, as balancing is very hard
- Primary balance is very weak and needs lots of knowledge to handle it.
- Costly in compared with the features you are getting
7. Sun Dolphin Bali Sit-on-top Kayak
If you are looking for purchasing a kayak for a kid then the Sun Dolphin Bali Kayak is the best you can get in the market. As this Kayak is having a high-class stability.
This kayak is very light in weight and is made of hard plastic and this is the reason why it is getting a good stability in the water. The best part is that the base of the kayak is wide enough to fit easily. But it is having very less comfort, as there is no seat in this kayak.
Coming to the price of this kayak it is even cheaper than the Sun Dolphin Excursion kayak. And with this kayak, you can only ride in your personal ponds and rivers when there is fewer tide. The best part is that while paddling this kayak you can only seat if you are less than 5 inches tall.
- Excellent for kids and all the beginners.
- Great balance as it is having wide back
- There are lot of space in the kayak
- Coming out and going in is very simple, as the kayak is open.
- Very lightweight and easy to carry anywhere you go.
- No sitting area and no comfort at all.
- If you are above 5 feet tall then you should drop your plan buying this.
- The kayak is very small in shape.
- The cockpit is open, so it doesn’t even have a UV protected layer on it.
- You can only go 2 at a time.
If you are planning to buy a Kayak for you kid then without any second thoughts, Lifetime Youth Wave is the perfect choice for you. It is 6 feet long Kayak especially for kids who are 5 years old or more and It has the capacity of 130 lbs.
The paddling platform is made keeping in mind the safety of your kid along with sloped back end. Suppose someone is in the water and they want to get up on the Kayak in that situation the provided swim up steps will help to re-enter easily.
It has different footrest positions made for different paddle sizes. For storage after use and carrying purpose you don’t have to get involved because your kid can easily move around with it thanks to the lightweight which is just 18 pounds.
With light and perfect size, this kayak won’t take much space and you can easily store it wherever you wish. Isn’t it amazing?
- Best for kids of 5 years or above with less adult supervision.
- On the both sides, it has moulded handles.
- Have a capacity of 130lb which sufficient enough.
- Different footrest positions along with paddles of different sizes.
- Made with durable high density long lasting polyethylene.
- UV protected and it will not crack, split or fade.
- Swim up the deck for easy re-enter on the kayak.
- It doesn’t have toggle handle.
- No seat pad and back.
9. Sun Dolphin Aruba SS Sit-in Kayak
If the previously mentioned 6-foot-long Kayak is small for you then you can for Sun Dolphin Aruba SS which is a 12 foot long with sit-in design. You can not only float around and do fishing on this kayak but also can carry your backpack or other essential accessories on this Kayak.
It has fishing rod holder along with shock cord deck rigging, a covered console as well retractable carrying handles. For safety purpose, it features protective thigh pads as well foot braces which you can easily adjust as per your requirements.
This is undoubtedly one of the best fishing Kayak which has a large open cockpit and weighs around 47 pounds. It carries up to 395 pounds of weight easily without any issues.
This 12-foot-long Kayak is also suitable for lakes or rivers and tracks well in the water. So, your fishing will be much easier and full of comfort once you start using this fishing Kayak.
- Portable Accessory Carrier for carrying accessories and tools which you need.
- Can be used in Ocean also thanks to the 12-foot-long size.
- More storage option.
- You can upgrade the seats later on if needed.
- The capacity of 395 pounds.
- You can remove back storage cover too. For some extra storage, you can make the container float too.
- Doesn’t come with paddles.
- Sometimes it is difficult to sit continuously with the same posture.
10. Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak
One of the best fishing Kayak for single users. If you are planning to do fishing on lakes, rivers or even in ponds then undoubtedly it is worth buying.
This fishing Kayak is made with single layer durable linear polyethylene which weighs around 44 pounds only and has a capacity of 325 pounds without any issues. For better control and safety, it has adjustable flex padded seat, knee pads and glide track foot brace system.
The cockpit is large enough to store essential items which you want to carry along with the kayak, even it has a cup holder too which you will definitely be going to love. This 10-foot-long kayak has adjustable seat for better sitting and comfort for a longer period of time.
As we said earlier it weighs around just 44 pounds which make it easily carry and move around which is plus point for you. There are plenty of storage on the front and the rear compartment so that you get access to your stuff easily.
- A big open cockpit.
- 325 pounds of capacity which are sufficient and good in its category.
- Easy to get and get out from the Kayak.
- Availability of a cup holder which is great to have for refreshment on the go.
- Adjustable seat and paddles.
- Great fronts handle which works perfectly.
- The seat sometimes feels painful and need of cushion for some users.
- Drain hole plug could be placed in a better position.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Fishing Kayak:
As we were saying that a Kayak is the best tool for uplifting one’s mood and it can also be said that it can be quite dangerous on the other hand too. If you don’t have the right kayak then you could see yourself drowning with very little effort. So what you need to do is buy the best kayak for fishing and for that you need to follow the guidelines that have been provided below.
When it comes to choosing a fishing kayak then Portability is the most important factor. The best kayak is supposed to be light and easily transportable. If you are unable to do that then my friend what is the use of having such kind of hobby that takes hours and lots of physical stamina to prepare for?
Keel or No Keel:
Since you are searching for fishing kayak then you would surely know what a keel is! Whether you should buy a kayak with the keel or no keel totally depends upon the type of water that you like to explore. If you are a Rocky River Fisher then a no keel kayak is much recommended. The same applies if you like fishing standing. A keel kayak is recommended for those who like to fish in open water or stay in deep water.
Stability is something that you can’t-do without when you like fishing and the same applies for kayak fishing. How can you expect to catch a fish when you are not able to keep your kayak stable? But that too depends on the user. A person with a big body should opt for wider kayak and on the other hand, a person with a narrow body should go for models that can be paddled quite easily. Kayaks that can be paddled with ease are less stable than its counterparts.
This totally depends on the type of water that you want to fish on. Suppose that you want to fish on backwater or open water then getting an Anchor will be a good idea. But you also need to keep in mind that adding and Anchor will also add weight to your Kayak. Drift fishers should avoid getting an Anchor.
Storage is another problem that most kayak fisherman’s face. So what you need is, make a list of the things that you want to carry on your kayak while fishing. Some kayaks come with built-in storage spaces that make it quite easier. The best sit on top kayak comes with hatchets whose sole purpose is to store things.
Length matters a lot when it comes to fishing on kayaks but that too depends on the type of water that you would like to fish on. Suppose that you like fishing on big water bodies than a kayak which is long will be a much better option for you as it would be a lot faster. But if you like fishing on backwater ponds then a short kayak would be the best choice for you as it will be easily maneuverable than the long one.
Well, with the list of best fishing kayak comes to a conclusion. All the products that have been mentioned here are of top-notch quality. Though they might have some disadvantages but doesn’t every item on this planet have some flaws? We would urge you to keep them out of your mind while you choose one of the products mentioned here. Apart from these, there would be lots of other kayaks available out there. But those won’t provide you with the satisfaction which these kayaks will provide. These fishing kayaks have been handpicked by us for providing you with the kind of comfort that you desire.
We would also like to request you again to go through all the points that have been mentioned above before buying a fishing kayak. These points are quite important when it comes to purchasing fishing kayaks. If you don’t follow these then you might end up purchasing the wrong kayak and later on be in deep trouble. So it’s better to follow them rather than getting into trouble. We hope that the provided information will be of help to you and you will be able to purchase the best fishing kayak that you desire. For further queries leave a comment down below.
Fishing Products Review with Buying guide