Best Spinning Reel Under 50 in 2018
Before you check out the best spinning reel under $50, you should know the basics. first. The cost of the spinning reels varies with your requirements. Most of the times you would end up paying for a wrong investment if you are not clear about your requirements.
Like, you wouldn’t need to spend so much if you are going to catch small to medium size fishes. Also, you would regret if you buy a spinning reel which can’t handle large fishes if you buy seeing the price without checking if it satisfies the requirements.
To make it easier for you to select, we have analyzed, made a collection of the best spinning reels and what they support.
Underlined Are The Benefits Of Using Spinning Reels For Casting Your Bait:
- Helpful in aiming: with a spinning reel you can cast your lure perfectly even at more considerable distances. Many a time we stand at the shore and through the line farther into the water. With a good spinning reel, you can quickly aim at longer distances with lures that will help you catch the fish.
- Works excellent in windy conditions: when you plan to fish in open seas, the wind is a prime consideration to choose a spinning reel. A spinning reel has the sturdiness to withstand the speedy wind and hold your lure steady. It also helps in recalling the lines quickly to give you your treat fish.
- Spinning reels are handy: while you fish with the simple line, it does matter which hand you use. Right-handed face problem equally as does left-handed while casting bait. But with a spinning reel, it does even matter. Anybody or anglers can cast reel using the same spinning reel as the handle can readily be shifted on both ends.
- Drag adjustment: while fighting the fish you hooked, you can quickly adjust the drag using the spinning reel. Thi is one significant advantage when you try to catch medium to big fishes.
5 Best Spinning Reels Under 50 [Reviews]
1.KastKing Sharky II Carbon Fiber Spinning Reel - Editor's Choice
KastKing Sharky II Carbon Fiber Spinning Reel by Kastking is spectacular and one of the best spinning reels available!
The design of theSharky II is lighter but doesn’t compromise with the robustness. It makes a perfect gift for anglers.
One of the best features of the Sharky II is, its powerfulness! Sharky II also comes with a high fiber drag capacity, extra ball bearings, light weight, extra line capacity. It is the best spinning reel with all-around features.
The main shaft made of stainless steel and accurate gears along with reliable triple disc enhances the fishing power. The light but strong CNC machined spool improves the line lay, lube retention, line capacity and boosts the casting power.
MaxiDur ball bearings of the reels are resistant to corrosion and are of high quality. Also, the spinning reel gives a dependable, smooth, and silent performance because of the main shaft, precision gears, and reinforced body.
The best thing about this spinning reel is the price! Kastking offers you Sharky II with amazing features at an affordable price. You wouldn’t have to compromise on the quality or performance too.
- Extra line capacity to know how much is left
- Instantaneous Anti-reverse mechanism to stop backward direction
- Stainless steel bearings: 10 + 1
- Accurate precision with brass gears
- Stainless steel main shaft for reliability
- Light but durable aluminum spool
- Excellent fiber drag system
2. Penn Pursuit II 6000 Spinning Reels - Runner Up
Penn is famous for its stable and efficient design along with excellent functionality. It also uses the innovation in technology to make the products deliver a good performance.
The features of Penn Pursuit II 6000 spinning reels shows why it is a recommended choice for the anglers. Pursuit IIgives a light feel but makes an excellent choice for fishing.
The gear system along with the oil felt drag gives a flawless line resistance.
The design of the frame is light and durable, and it is also made of high quality. Graphite frame of the reel is resistant to corrosion and is light in weight. Stainless steel bearings provide a reliable and smooth operation.
Penn Pursuit II is an excellent choice for anglers, but it’s an all around spinning reel at an affordable price. Also, it has longer durability and will last for years to come with proper maintenance. It also covers both freshwater and saltwater fishing. It is convenient for both left handed and right. You can set up the hook and start the work.
- Stainless steel bearings for reliable and smooth operation
- Instantaneous anti-reverse handle for preventing the backward direction
- Works perfectly for both saltwater and freshwater fishing
- Anodized aluminum spool makes it sturdy and durable
- Oiled drag system enhances the performance
3. Piscifun Destroyer Sealed Spinning Reel
Piscifun Destroyer Sealed Spinning Reel is an excellent choice for spinning reels. Piscifun Destroyer offers ball bearings made of stainless steel along with a roller bearing which enhances the precision of gears.
Also, it provides a silent, reliable, and smoother performance and works efficiently even for long distance casting. The spinning reel is resistant to corrosion because of the sealed fiber drag system, main shaft, and ball bearings system.
Destroyer spinning reel offers incredible durability due to the aluminum body, and the graphite rotor gives high strength.The CNC aluminum handle is left & right interchangeable. The drag knob of the design is Ergonomic. The product comes with a year warranty. The spinning reels offer you with instant adjustment for tackling tough fishes. It is easy to hold the line because of sturdy metal line keeper.
- Stainless steel bearings for smoother and silent operation
- Fiber drag system makes it resistant to corrosion and enhances the constancy
- Graphite rotor provides high strength
- Lightweight and strong
- Double color aluminum spool
- Coated copper line for perfect protection for line
- Handle knob – Comfortable, durable, and light
- Interchangeable aluminum spool
4. KastKing Mela Spinning Reel
KastKing Mela Spinning Reels are undoubtedly one of the best choices for an angler and makes a useful addition. It works efficiently for both freshwater and saltwater fishing.
Kastking’s mela spinning reel costs less compared to the other brands offering you the same features.
Kastking is famous for the quality of the frame, fishing line, fishing rods, and fishing equipment. It continues to excel in Mela Spinning Reel too with its excellent features.
Honeycomb design along with the graphite spool makes an excellent combination of light weight and strength. Drag knob of the frame gives you a better and ultra-smooth experience.
The line roller prevents the fatigue, line twist, and line breaks. Lip spool allows you to caster for longer distances with precision.
The main shaft made of stainless steel improves the durability and strength. MaxiDur ball bearings are corrosion resistant and deliver a smooth performance.
- Instantaneous anti-reverse handle
- 10 + 1 stainless steel ball bearings
- Fiber drag washers
- Main shaft steel provides reliability and strength
- Resistant to corrosion
- Interchangeable CNC handle
Choose a reel which supports the type of fishing you do. Also, there are certain things you should consider before you buy a spinning reel.
Things To Consider Before You Purchase A Spinning Reel
Spinning reels are a necessary and popular equipment required for increasing the efficiency in fishing. There are various numbers of designs available in the stores and e-commerce sites. The sturdy design of the frame and its functionality will make the fishing easier, and you can catch fishes like catfish, bass, permit, redfish, and bluegill. Spinning reels are necessary if you plan to catch big baits.
Do not worry if you are clueless about what to check before you buy a spinning reel; we will help you out. A spinner offers a lot of versatility, and it will be an excellent choice too. These factors determine the performance of a spinning reel, choose wisely and budget-friendly.
Gear Ratio is Equivalent to Retrieval Speed
Gear ratio increases the retrieval speed of spinning reel. It is an important factor to consider before you buy a spinning reel. Gear ratio increases the recovery rate. Gear ratio ranges from 6:1 to 4:1. 6:1 gear ratio means faster retrieval and 4:1 is slower. If you are buying a spinning reel for standard usage, you can take the spinning reel with 5:1 ratio. However, it doesn’t give you support for catching large baits but works fine for small baits.
Ball Bearings Count
The ball bearings count indicate the smoothness of the reels. If you have more ball bearings, the operations run smoothly due to the presence of metal balls in the reel; the rotation goes smoothly. Best spinning reels usually have a minimum five count. You wouldn’t find great difference even if you need more than it.
Materials of the spinning reels decide the durability and strength of the frame. When you buy the best spinning reel, it won’t have any compromising in quality and made with metal. Metal provides power and lasts longer too. Additionally, you can tackle large baits like catfish, northern fishes as well as small fishes like Tuna. A plastic spinning reel will also be enough if you want to catch only the smaller fishes, but they don’t last much longer. Metal spinning reels come for many days. If you are going to do fishing in saltwater, it is recommended to buy spinning reels which doesn’t corrode.
The anti-reverse handle is an essential feature because it prevents the spinning reel from going back and doesn’t let the fish escape. It will help in fighting tough fishes and the handle won’t jerk back immediately if you have this feature.
Fishing isn’t easy if you don’t have the right spinning reels. They not reduce the efforts but also improves your rate of success; it is completely worth your money. Pick the best spinning reel which suits your criteria for fishing. Select one which works best your fishing type and water.